Nakkertok has a number of rental cabins. They are set back into the woods and kept deliberately simple – built by volunteers, heated by wood, and, with the exception of Johannsenhus, lit by candles and lanterns.
The OWL Cabin was built by the Van Wijks, Greg Joy, Gilles Berube, and several others, in November 2003. Ideally situated with a view over the Weber Pond towards the setting sun in the west. The OWL Cabin is almost entirely built from recycled materials recovered from a building project at OWL Rafting. It is just over a kilometer away from the Main Parking area, and is a perfect lunch destination or can be reserved for overnight use.
Johannsenhus, in the field to the left as you drive up to the stadium, used to be our main clubhouse, built entirely by club volunteers. It was named (with his daughter’s permission) after Herman “Jackrabbit” Johannsen, who played a major role in establishing cross-country skiing in Canada and who died in 1987 aged 110! This Chalet is ideal for group evening or overnight use.
The cabins are open to all members during the day. The first person to ski in and use the cabin is expected to light the fires. Please note that firewood is expensive and must be reserved for indoor use, not campfires.
Important note: Those wishing to rent the Cabins at Nakkertok must be 18 yrs or age or older. In addition, there must be an adult (18+) present for the duration of the rental period.
2. The fee to reserve and rent a cabin is $92 (plus taxes) per overnight stay (3PM to 10AM)
3. Nakkertok programs (Challenge, Racing, etc.) must also reserve the cabins for exclusive use, however the programs are not required to pay a rental fee.
4. Renters are to follow the posted cabin-keeping rules and any other directives communicated to them by the Nakkertok Cabin rental coordinator.
5. Leave the cabin in the same state you found it, including removing any garbage you generate.
6. Renters are responsible for any wilful damage made to the cabin.
7. Renters must be a minimum 18 yrs or older, and there must be at least one person of or over the minimum age on site and present during the rental period.
I understand my/our participation in the activities organized by Nakkertok Nordic Ski Club and use of the facilities owned or operated by the Club is done entirely at my/our own risk.
No director, coach, or member of the Club can be held liable for any damage to me/us or my/our equipment.
I am 18 yrs of age or older and will remain present for the time of the rental.
You will be asked to electronically sign your rental reservation on Shopify as proof that you have read and understood this rental agreement.
Print and bring the receipt that you will be emailed as proof of your rental.